Project title: Promoting Basic Services to Survivors in Trafficking through Integrated Approach
To enhance and standardize protection and care for survivors of human trafficking.
1. Develop and implement standards for care and support for survivors of human trafficking
2. Improve livelihoods options through vocational and other skills training
3. Successful reintegration of survivors through an integrated community approach
Project Duration: October 2009 to June 2014
Location & Target Coverage
|Name of District||Name of Upazila/Thana||No. of union/Ward||No. of Village/Mahalla/Para||Categories||Direct||Indirect||Total|
|Cox’sbazar, Chittagong and Feni||Cox’sbazar Sadar, Ramu, Ukhiya, Teknaf, Chokoria, Moheskhali, kutubdia and Pekua,Naikkhaonchari, Lama and Banderban sadar.
Chittagong City area,
|114 Union||206 Village||Male||
Human Trafficking is a horrific Crime as well as a global issue that affects hundreds of thousands of people every year. As per TIP report 2012 Bangladesh is a source and transit country for men, women, and children subjected to trafficking in persons. In Bangladesh Human trafficking takes several forms and has many faces. Trafficking violates the human rights of its victims, damages lives, feeds corruption, exacts an economic toll on governments and taxpayers, and harms society at all levels. Cox’sbazar & Chittagong is the one of vulnerable district for human trafficking. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in human trafficking in Bangladesh especially labour Trafficking. Responding to human trafficking is an issue of human rights. Under the Palermo Convention YPSA is implementing ACT program from 2009 by the support of USAID & Winrock International at Cox’sbazar, Chittagong and Feni District under Chittagong Division.
YPSA will take initiatives for responding to the basic Care & support of the survivors to serve through individualized and holistic case management both inside and outside of the shelter home. As well as YPSA started a Transit home at Chittagong city area from Last year.
- Information collection through Investigation & Field visits for Rescue/identification the survivors.
- Survivor enrollment in the shelter home (Cox’sbazar) & Transit Home (Chittagong) and provide Basic Care & support (Food, Cloth, Health and Education) of survivors at Shelter home.
- Provide psychosocial (Mental Health Counseling) support to the Survivors.
- Provide life Skills Training to survivors – In shelter and out of shelter.
- Provide Human Rights Training for the Survivors
- Ensure Necessary Health Support from Govt. & Smiling Sun Clinic for of the survivors.
- Arrange Vocational Training for Survivors
- Communicate with the schools & NGOs for Education support and Establish linkage with the survivors.
- Meeting with GO, NGOs & Others Stakeholders of Chittagong, Cox’sbazar, Feni & Comilla district to develop Referral & Linkage.
- Meeting with the CBOs likes Imam Sommity, Journalist Forum/Press Club, District Lawyers Association, Travel Agent. Anti Trafficking committee etc.
- Arrange on the Job Training / Internship for the Survivors & Job Placement
- Business Startup support to skilled survivors for income generation & safe life..
- Ensure Legal Support form the court or BMET for the survivors.
- Formation ANIRBAN (survivor voice group) and do the some awareness and advocacy work against Human Trafficking and unsafe Migration..
- International Human Rights & Migrants Days Observation at Cox’sbazar & Chittagong.
- Participate at Survivors Convention
- Arrange Round Table Meeting with relevant stakeholders on Human Trafficking & Unsafe Migration Issue
Target & Achievement
|Target(12-13)||Achievement(12-13)||Cumulative Achievement from the beginning|
|Information collection through Investigation & Field visits for Rescue/identification the survivors and meets their Family.||Total 343 Survivors has identified and enrolled with the ACT program||Total 633 Survivors has identified and enrolled with the ACT program|
|Basic Care & support (Food, Cloth, Health and Education) to the survivors at Shelter home & Transit Home||Running a shelter home for Survivors at Cox’sbazar & Transit Home at Chittagong city Area.At Shelter Home July 2012 to June 2013 total 108 survivors and at Transit Home 21 survivors received basic care and support||From March 10 to June 13 total 214 survivors received basic care and support from the shelter home and 46 survivors from Transit Home.|
|Make a Case Management plan for Individual survivor.||Total 343 Case Management Plan has completed for survivor reintegration||Total 633 Case Management Plan has completed for survivor reintegration|
|Information based Data Bank established of the Survivors.||Total 343 survivors Information Data bank has created.||Total 633 survivors Information Data bank has created.|
|Provide psychosocial (Mental Health Counseling) support to the Survivors.||Total 194 survivors received Mental Health Counseling support||Total 414 survivors received Mental Health Counseling support .|
|Arrange awareness session on different relevant issues for the survivors.||On Going Activities||15 issue|
|Ensure Necessary Health Support from Govt. & Smiling Sun Clinic for of the survivors.||Total 245 survivors received Health support||Total 383 survivors received Health support|
|Provide life Skills Training to survivors – In shelter & out of Shelter||Total Organize 4 life Skills Training arrange in shelter and out of Shelter and total 62 survivors has participated in these training||Total Organize 16 life Skills Training arrange in shelter and out of Shelter and total 227 survivors has participated in these training|
|Communicate with the schools & NGOs for Education support and Establish linkage with the survivors.||Total 43 survivors has received the Non –formal education support & 8 Survivors received formal education support||Total 94 survivors has received the Formal & Non-education support|
|Contact & reintegration Meeting with the survivors Family/Authority & Community People||Total 6 Meeting organized and 167 participants were present in the meeting.||Total 23 Meeting organized and 723 participants were present in the meeting.|
|Critical Engagement Meeting with the law & Enforcement authority, and others relevant stakeholders.||Total 3 Meeting organized and 104 present as participants||Total 3 Meeting organized and 104 present as participants|
|Arrange on the Job Training / Internship for the Survivors & Job Placement||Total 12 Survivors has placed in a Job and 2 survivors received internship training.||Total 33 Survivors has placed in a Job and 5 survivors received internship training.|
|Vocational Training arrange for Survivors||Total 37 survivors has received different vocational training.||Total 127 survivors has received different vocational training.|
|Seed money support to skilled survivors for IGA activities or business||Total 15 survivors received seed support and business setup support||Total 77 survivors received seed support and business setup support|
|Ensure Legal Support for the survivors by the support of BLAST.||Total 11 Case running & Survivors are receiving Legal support from ACT program||Total 10 Survivors are receiving Legal support from ACT program|
|Ensure Legal Support BMET||Total 1 Survivor has received the BMET support||Total 1 Survivor has received the BMET support. Total 28000/= taka has received from Recruiting agency as a penalty|
|Survivors Convention||One survivors Convention was held at Dhaka. Total 20 survivors has participated at the Convention from Cox’sbazar & Chittagong area.||One survivors Convention was held at Dhaka. Total 20 survivors has participated at the Convention from Cox’sbazar & Chittagong area.|
YPSA-ACT Program wills extent survivors service activities to all district of Chittagong Division in future and hopefully with in sort time YPSA-ACT program will start a Transit home at Chittagong City area to provide more service to survivors.
Event news from Human trafficking category
- Stakeholder Coordination Meeting held at Cox’sbazar
- 71 TV Report on Human Trafficking in Bangladesh
- USAID representatives visit YPSA
- IOM organizes counseling and Cheque distribution for the returnee victims of human smuggling and trafficking
- US Congress, US Embassy, USAID delegates and Winrock International team visits YPSA
- Life skill training workshop for the trafficking survivors held at Cox’sbazar
- YPSA receives Certificate of Appreciation from USAID and Winrock International
- Collaborative counter-trafficking awareness needs to combat human trafficking
- YPSA official selected to join International Visitors Leadership Program in USA
- Human rights training workshop held at cox’sbazar
- International Migrants Day 2013 observed
- YPSA observed Human Rights Day 2013
- 23 rescued in Ctg while being trafficked to Malaysia: YPSA’s support for survivors
- Critical engagement meeting to prevent human trafficking held at Feni
- Training workshop on “Human Trafficking Prevention and Protection Bill 2012” held