Objectives of the project:
- Promote women Rights and Gender Equity
- Resilience to climate justice to promote people organization and collective actions.
- Promote Right to just and democratic governance
- Advancement of full, productive and decent work for young women and men
- Increased youth participation and expanded democratic space at all levels of decision making
YPSA (Young Power in Social Action)
Supported by: Actionaid Bangladesh
Project Goal: To promote minimum living standards of Urban Poor.
Implementation Area: Chattogram City Corporation Ward 19&35
Duration of project: January 2016- December 2022.
Activities of the project:
- workshop on gender based violence with watch group members and reflection action group members, youth members
- Workshop on SRHR with RAG and youth Group member
- Emergency Support for gender based violence, Action Point implementation
- Organize program Collaboration with local govt through Day Observance (IWD,16 days activism)
- Orientation on sexual Harassment guideline for RA Group and Youth Group members
- Orientation on Women led emergency Response, DRR issue to responsive them to make list of nearest Cyclone shelter, access to safe water & sanitation
- Activate ward level disaster Management committee, Women Led emergency management committee
- Sharing meeting between youth, women & Ward Level Disaster Management committee on DRR preparedness of ward 19 & 35 of CCC
- Leadership Training, Organization Development for Youth Group & RA Group member
- Orientation on key national and international legislation
- Training on entrepreneurship development for young entrepreneur
- Training on Youth Representation
- Dialogue with Potential City election candidates, Counselor, Mayor on Young people monitors electoral commitments and enhancing civic engagement.