‘Youth Solutions!’ Empowers Youth Led NGOs in South Asia: World Bank
‘Youth Solutions!’ empowers youth-led NGOs in S Asia : The Daily Sun
SERVICE INNOVATION FUND AWARDED TO YPSA: USICD
Empowering youth with disabilities in Bangladesh thru’ ICT: BD Reports
‘Youth Solutions’ regional grant programmers: Daily News
Beyond 2015: How the youth see it: Dhaka Tribune
To achieve ICT based capacity for youths with disabilities to exercise equal employment and business opportunities from the society& state by using their ICT skills.
- Formal education system don’t include ICT as a capacity development tools for YwDs (Youth with Disabilities)
- No accessibility in mainstream institutions for job and business for YwDs
- Lack of awareness about the capabilities of YwDs
- Lack of confidence among the employers on YwDs
Youth with Disabilities (YwDs) Duration:12 Months
40 Youths with Disabilities (YwD), who will receive the ICT trainings, internships on ICT, relevant job search help, and producing DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) products.
- 40 YWD are skilled and capacitated on ICT base jobs through ICT oriented professional development and vocational training courses
- Employer’s groups are aware about the rights of the youth disability and employ in ICT base jobs
- Providing scopes for acquiring certain ICT skills for Youth with Disabilities (YWDs) to compete in the job market.
- Emphasizing on youth with disabilities, which is very much unique than others initiatives through ICT
- The project will affect their lives and improve the quality of their livelihood, enhance their dignity as individuals and work for their way out of poverty.
- Creating positive Awareness about the capabilities of Ywds for job and self employment .
- Increasing the confidence of employers on the YWDs
- The project will focus on the YWD of Chittagong, port city and industrial capital city of Bangladesh.
Sustainability of the Project:
- Participants will have the decent employment opportunity
- Participants will also be guided if they are interested in self employment.
- The project will be an example to others to replicate.
- As the pioneering initiative, the project will also able to attract other in seeking further support.
Key milestones/timelines and associated activities:
- 40 YWDs will be selected in two groups who will receive trainings gradually.
- After the selection a three-month long ICT base training course for each group to develop capacities like-computer office management, illustration and publication, telephone operating, IT administration, planning, and ICT base normal accounting, cash management, communication, leadership, Information Management System and so on.
- The training will follow two month internship services for each group in different professional institutions. Some digital contents will be developed with the support of DAISY.
- An Ability Fair will also be organized to expose them to the employer’s association and business community.
- Advocacy and Awareness activities will be arranged regularly after the training and internship to do lobbying with the employer’s association for the employment of the trained youth with disability; like –arranging dialogue with employers, communication etc.
- Organizing Press briefing, Publishing online database and Printing awareness materials on disability rights and their capacity for jobs and self -employment