Last Date of Submission : 20 July 2016
YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) in partnership with Arannayk Foundation is implementing ‘Alternative livelihood to support forest communities (ALSFC)’ component of the Climate Resilient Participatory Afforestation and Reforestation Project (CRPARP)’ financed by the Bangladesh Climate Change Resilience Fund (BCCRF) managed by the World Bank. Under the project, YPSA is working with forest dependent communities in 16 Upazillas under Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar Districts. The project is strengthening its value chain component for which the following staff is required:
Job Title: Field Facilitator –Business Development
No. of vacancy: 02
Duration: Up to December, 2016
- Facilitate capacity and linkage building of the Forest Dependent Groups (FDGs) to ensure their access to inputs and servicesand enable them to manage value adding economic activities, including product development and improved marketing, throughmutually beneficial engagement with the private sector.
- Organize workshops, trainings, market linkage fairs, meetingsand other events for, and involving, FDG members, private sector actors,Government line agencies and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate establishment of‘Community Learning cum Business Centers’ including capacity building of the community people to manage the Center and mobilize necessary support from different sources.
- Facilitate the business groups’ (FDGs’) access to financial services(A2F) from different organizations for strengthening their business.
- Monitor business activities of the groups/FDG members to identify areas to improve (management capacities, product development, marketing, service acquisition, documentation, etc.).
Educational Qualification: Graduate in any discipline or Diploma in Agriculture/ Forestry.
Experience Requirement:At least two years’ experience in similar functions in non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Excellent facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Having mentality to stay at Upazila level in coastal/hilly areas and willingness to work with extreme poor, women and ethnic minorities.
- Must have valid driving license and willingness to ride motorbike.
Salary and benefit:The monthly salary (consolidated) will be in the range of BDT 20,000-25,000 based on qualification and experience, withother admissible benefits as per project provisions and organizational policy.
Job location: Upazila level under Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar District.
If you are interested and competent for the position, having required qualification and experience, please send your CV with a cover letter, along with two copies of recent passport size photographs, contact numbers (phone email) and photocopies of all academic and experience related certificates by 20th of July 2016 to The Chief Executive, YPSA, House # F10 (P), Road # 13, Block # B, Chandgaon R/A, Chittagong- 4212. Please mark title of the position on the top of the envelope.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA Human Resource Management and Development Department