Last date of submission: 05 December 2015
BLAST-YPSA Consortium is implementing the project named “Community Legal Services for Access to Justice” funded by DFID and managed by Maxwell Stamp PLC, CLS for the period up to 31 March 2017 in three upazilla – Sandwip, Fatikchari, Rangunia in Chittagong district and three upazilla – Ramu, Moeshkhali and Kutubdia in Coxs bazar district.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
No. of Vacancy: 01
In-charge of all activities of the relevant project assigned for the organization. Responsible for timely implementation of all activities including IP management, planning and monitoring, maintaining close cooperation with Upazilla managers, different Govt. concerned bodies, legal aid organizations, DLAC, ULAC district level civil society, Bar association and other relevant stakeholders of the project. The person will be directly reportable under the supervision of Director, (Social Development Program), YPSA
- To manage, coordinate and supervise all aspects of the implementation of the CLS project
- To ensure the quality of legal education for beneficiaries as per the project plan.
- To maintain necessary cooperation and collaboration with Programme Manager (Legal Aid) to ensure in providing effective legal services, strengthening legal empowerment of poor and marginal
- To identify, build and maintain collaboration and links with government bodies, local government authorities, collaborating partners, civil society members etc.
- To ensure the quality of activities for developing capacity of UP members and the civil society members
- To guide programme officers and upazilla managers in developing planning format ,tools and techniques to provide services through the centers to the victims
- To amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- To help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups;
- To ensure proper documentation of all activities and events and share with CLS
- To develop project work plan and budget and ensure the proper implementation of the work plan
- To ensure quality publication and e-materials with proper contents for the targeted community.
- To monitor the project budget for keeping track project expenditure on regular basis and to ensure DFID compliance in every aspect of project implementation.
- To conduct a periodic review, assess project performance (whether on track), and provide feedback and take measures for improvement
- To fulfill all requirements of YPSA and BLAST management and donor regarding CLS project
- To assist with assessment of the CLS project as per the project plan
- To lead organizing of all project launching meetings, staff orientations, project coordinating meetings and ToTs.
- To develop and implement capacity building activities including establishing effective systems for supervision and mentoring of staffs and project related personnel
- To take concrete steps to improve job performance and required competencies among staff
- To assist the monitoring team in establishing a monitoring and evaluation system for the project to ensure timely and effective implementation, appropriate amendment of activities and to assess outcome/impact.
- Masters in Development Studies/Sociology/Management/Public Administration. LLB/LLM will be given an advantaged.
- At least 10 years of experience in the development field with three years in the relevant field.
Additional Job Requirement:
- Good Team player with social and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in Bangla and English.
- Proficient in Computer Operations, MS Office Application including typing preferably in English and Bengali both , E-mail & Internet.
Salary & Benefit:
- 55,000/- per month
- Two festival bonuses equivalent to one month’s basic salary
- Costs in relation to field work, including travel and daily allowances, will be bear by the organization policy & procedures.
Job Level: Mid-Level
Job Location: Project office (YPSA Head Office, Chittagong)
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, please send your updated CV along with a cover letter & all relevant documents, two copies of recent passport size photographs, name
of two references with cell/phone no. and email ID by 05/12/2015 to On behalf of Consortium Chief Executive, YPSA, House # F10 (P), Road # 13, Block # B, Chandgaon R/A, Chittagong- 4212. Please mark the position name on top of the envelope.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasions and lobby will be treated as disqualified for an applicant. The smokers/tobacco users are discouraged to apply for the position.