Vacancy Announcement 1 (Last date of submission 5-08-2021 )
Women’s Protection & Empowerment Manager (Re-advertisement)
(Job location Ukhiya, Teknaf, Ramu and Chakaria, Based in: Cox’s Bazar regional Office)
YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) <www.ypsa.org> is an organization for sustainable development working in greater Chittagong division including Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) since 1985 (International Youth Year). YPSA is implementing three projects under the support of International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Ukhiya, Teknaf, Ramu and Chakaria Upazila in Rohingya and host Community under Cox’s Bazar district and project titled “Integrated SRH and SGBV service delivery for Rohingya Refugees in Cox’s Bazar Bangladesh”.
Duration: July 2021 to 31st December 2021 (Possibility for extension)
No. of vacancy: 01 (only Female)
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
- He/she will be responsible for the overall management, supervision, implementation and monitoring of a robust gender and protection program. S/he will be instrumental in providing input, guidance, and recommendations on all gender perspectives in the work of YPSA. The position holder ensures the continuous learning and improvements made in our programming and operations; further ensures the institutional capacity strengthening of YPSA. S/he is expected to advocate for greater attention to gender perspectives.
- Ensure that all gender and protection programming, meets international standards adhering to a women-, girl- and survivor-centered and feminist approach. Work for women’s protection and empowerment through awareness raising, building of self-confidence, expansion of choices, increased access to and control over resources and actions to transform the structures and institution which reinforce and perpetuate gender discrimination and inequality.
- Proactively build strong working relationships with international and national actors/organizations and UN agencies for advocacy. Stay well informed of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide information, innovative ideas, recommendations and advice to the senior management and extend cooperation to the project/program team(s) to address protection related issues. Represent YPSA in relevant coordination meetings including the GBV Sub Sector. Advocate for women’s protection and empowerment, gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the persons of concerns are reflected in the organizational/sectoral protection strategy, planning processes and operations plan addressing the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, minority groups such as persons with disabilities, sexual minorities and persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute to the organizational protection team’s information management component which: provide disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems; researches, collects and disseminates relevant protection information and good practices to enhance protection delivery and provide technical advice if necessary.
- Maintain open and professional relations with all YPSA and partner team members, promoting a strong, respectful team spirit, ensuring effective communication, and opportunities for debriefing
- Work with the YPSA staff in the design and implementation of activities that specifically target women and adolescent girls grounded in evidence-based methodologies
- Master Degree in any discipline preferably Psychology/ Gender or Women’s Studies/ Social Work/Social Science, International Relation, Management, Communication and Journalism or other relevant subject
- Minimum 7 years’ experience needed in the field of Women’s Protection, Gender and/or GBV programming
- Professional experience in advocacy, networking and policy development
- Experience in implementing activities for women and girls or proven engagement in women’s rights/groups – highly desirable
Competencies: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a clear and genuine willingness to work women and girl’s protection and empowerment – essential
- Deep understanding of and interest in the well-being of women and girls, and supporting their healing after the experience of violence
- Understanding of the impact and dynamics of men’s violence against women and girls, and a strong interest in working on women and girls’ protection and empowerment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage;
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to build trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- Demonstrated dedications to women’s empowerment and protection through current/ previous volunteer or paid work in women’s group, girls’ clubs or other relevant experience is an added advantage
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect in CWC/IWC at all times is essential Communication deliberately with the wider groups/sector
- Knowledge of laws relevant to women’s protection
- Field experience
- Commitment to help persons of concern and willingness to cooperate with counterparts
- Good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting
- Experience of working with persons of concern desirable
- Ability to live and work in the difficult and harsh conditions of developing countries is essential.
- Language spoken by population in need – essential
- Good working knowledge of English –essential
- Chittagongian/Rohingya dialect – preferable, not essential
Monthly consolidated Salary: 127,000/-
If you are interested and competent for the this position, having required qualification and experience, please download CV format from this link and submit your C.V. to <firstname.lastname@example.org> on or before 05/08/2021.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT