YPSA-Link up Project
Project Title: Better Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights for Young People Affected by HIV
Package # 2.2: Intervention for Hotel, Street & Residence based Female Sex Worker (FSW)
Coverage: Chittagong Division
Duration: 22nd December, 2013 to 31st December, 2015
Link up will be implemented in Bangladesh by a consortium comprising HASAB-linking organization of The International HIV/AIDS Alliance (IHAA)-the lead organization, Marie Stopes Bangladesh (MSB) and Population Council (PC). By linking up we will make a significant contribution to the integration of vital SRHR interventions and will generate important evidence to aid the broader SRHR/HIV integration movement. Link Up will bring SRHR interventions to existing community based HIV programmes and create linkages with public and private SRH providers. Link Up has been designed to provide young people with age appropriate information and services to ensure comprehensive sexuality education and targeted commodities and services. It also capitalizes on established investments in the HIV response by linking SRHR programming to existing HIV programming and structures.
The goal is to contribute to reduce unintended pregnancies, HIV transmission and HIV-related maternal mortality amongst young people affected by HIV (aged 10-24).
Objective of the project
To increase health-seeking behaviors and uptake of quality integrated maternal health, family planning and HIV information, services and commodities amongst young people affected by HIV and uphold their sexual and reproductive rights in generalized epidemics in Burundi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and in concentrated epidemics in Bangladesh and Burma.
Major activities of the Project
- Mother list preparation of existing hotel, street and residence based sex workers
- Participate in Master Trainer Training on Life Skill Education on SRHR, HIV and Family Planning Promotion
- Simultaneous Training of peer educators on Life Skill Education on SRHR, HIV and Family Planning Promotion
- Sensitization workshop Local level
- Group meeting session to KP by Peer Educators
- One to one session-IPC
- Monitor client satisfaction
- Organizing target specific Local level campaigns
- Identify and list referral service centers in the catchment areas
- Ensure referral linkage for SRHR with other organizations
- Reffer Targeted Beneficiaries using prescribe referral format (Overall Service)
- Select case studies registered with CBOs, KP and advocacy networks
- Identify and compile a list of existing youth advocates and representatives