YPSA is implementing a project at Ukhiya Upazila under Cox’s Bazar District titled “Self-reliance”. The project is supported by the WFP and HelpAge International.
Job Title: Assistant Technical Trainer- (TVET course Facilitation)
Job summary: Facilitation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training for the persons with disabilities and older people, assist to prepare training materials, assist to maintain trainee database etc.
Duration: February 2023 to 31 December 2023 (High possibility of extension subject to fund availability)
No. of vacancy: 02
(Women who meet the qualifications are highly encouraged to apply)
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare schedule & conduct training as per requirement.
- Assist to form group/batch for training.
- Build up an easy way to deliver life skills and technical skills training properly.
- Active participation to produce ideas for technical trainer cum center In Charge for the development and design of new IEC for training.
- Assist to develop modules and training manuals for Training participants and externals.
- Support in the production of training modules and knowledge products
- Assist to Instructor to prepare trainee database and document archives.
- Follow up on trainee progress & assist to instructor for preparing evaluation sheet of trainee.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly work plan and reports, case studies and other relevant documents based on project needs.
- To carry out any other relevant tasks assigned by the authority as and when necessary.
- Preventing harm and abuse from our people, operations, and programmes to anyone that encounters our work.
- Report all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about, or suspect, using our internal reporting mechanism.
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices.
- Completing mandatory training courses relating to our safeguarding policy framework and comply with HR vetting procedures.
- Reporting and responding to safeguarding incidents reported to them by anyone connected with our work, using our internal reporting mechanism.
- Supporting staff to embed safeguarding measures in their role.
For Field visit/Movement:
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field.
- Involving communities in the design of programmes and complaint response mechanisms, be responsible for implementation and review.
- Attending specialist field training on safeguarding as required.
- Maintaining maps of support services for survivors.
- Receiving and responding to complainants/survivors and ensuring that no further harm is done, following a survivor-centered approach, using the principles of psychological first aid, and signposting to relevant local services as needed.
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents, they become aware of.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and Sound understanding on disability and age inclusion.
- Good capacity and management skills of field level operation along with excellent working relationships with colleagues, external actors, and allies.
- Excellent facilitation skills in capacity building training for community people and of relevant project stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with utmost dedication and integrity.
- Excellent command of communication skills in both Bangla and English and Excellent computer operating skill & conversant with MS Office package.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Self-motivated, adaptable, team player and passion for skills development works.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative.
- 1 year of work experience in TVET/skills development training facilitation. Practical experience on handicrafts, bamboo crafts, gas burner repairing, fishing net and mat making.
- Experience of working in Cox Bazar Rohingya camp would be beneficial.
- Minimum fluency on Chattogram Colloquial language
- Management has the right to make exceptions based on qualifications.
- Women who meet the qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
- Diploma/HSC from Government approved institute.
- Certification of NTVQF level-1 & 2.
- Preference will be given to CBTA approach.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in bamboo crafting, crane crafting, gas stove repair, fish net making, and mat making.
- Strong conceptual understanding and capacity in training facilitation.
- Experience or working knowledge of disability and ageing issues facing in humanitarian crisis.
Monthly consolidated Salary range in BDT: 23,000 -26,400
Other Benefits are like group insurance, mobile bill etc.
Job location: Ukhiya Upzilla under the Cox’s Bazar, District.
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience, please submit your C.V along with application to the Chief Executive, YPSA email to <email@example.com> on or before 20/05/2023. Women who meet the qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 9.30 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holiday