YPSA is going to implement a project title, “Support to FDMN in Cox’s Bazar in Education and WASH Sector, Phase-4: September 2023 – August 2024” in the Rohingya camps # 22, 25, and others under Teknaf Upazila in Cox’s Bazar. YPSA will implement the project with technical support from BRAC and financial support from GAC (Global Affairs Canada) under the ‘Pooled Fund for Bangladeshi NGOs for the Rohingya Refugee Response’ project.
Job Title : Project Coordinator (PC)
Duration : Up to August 2024 (High Possibility for extension)
No. of Vacancy : 01
- Develop project details implementation plan, budget projection, project implementation guideline & project staff’s work plan
- Develop training module, and facilitate staff’s capacity development initiative through meetings, training, workshops, and on-the-job training
- Provide day-to-day strategic and technical guidance and support to the project team members for quality implementation and facilitate the process monitoring
- Provide need-based support to project Accounts personnel, leadership, and support in problem-solving, key decision-making, quality control, technical input, and advice as well as planning, executing, and monitoring of the project activities.
- 70% time given to the field for activity monitoring and providing supportive supervision when and as required for quality delivery of the activities.
- Supervise, monitor, and evaluate the project work and performance of staff and take concrete steps to improve the job performance of staff
- Ensure and maintain close coordination and working relationship with the District Primary Education Officer, Upazila Education Officer
- Ensure coordination with CiC, Site Management, Camp Focal, and other stakeholders for activity implementation in the Rohingya community
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management is implemented for appropriate data analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy; working closely with the Women’s Protection & Empowerment Manager and the MEAL Officer.
- Ensure coordination between YPSA and Save the Children
Staff Supervision and Development:
- Directly supervise the project staff
- Maintain open, supportive, and professional relationships with all the project team members, YPSA, Save the Children, and HI representatives.
- Promoting a strong team spirit and providing management support and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform their roles;
- Convening the team on a regular basis to review programming, progress, successes, and challenges and make timely adjustments to the activities; and reporting back to Save the Children and YPSA;
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly reports, probation reviews, staff appraisals, and annual performance reviews; and provide regular constructive feedback to and coaching to develop their skills
- Ensure regular communication and close collaboration with the YPSA management focal and Save the Children
Monitoring, Reporting and Budget Management:
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly/monthly and staff activity reports, and actively work with the project team to ensure accurate data and information;
- Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans for your sites of operation, work with a supervisor in developing remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized;
- Support implementation and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Ensure timely submission of monthly and other report to Education Sector and Save the Children
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain open and professional relations with all the project team members, promoting a strong & respectful team spirit, ensuring effective communication, and opportunities for debriefing;
- Consistently and dedicatedly monitor/assess the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to YPSA management and liaising with other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure quality implementation and contribution to YPSA.
Experience: At least 5 years (s) relevant experience especially in Education Project Implementation
- Proven experience in Education/Education in Emergency programs for Children is essential, and experience in the Rohingya community is highly preferred;
- Experience in program/project management and implementation; budget phasing and monitoring
- Practical experience in successfully leading, building, and strengthening a program team in a dynamic, challenging, and changing context;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring, and building the capacity of staff;
- Practical experience in facilitating practical training, workshops, and learning on these issues outlined in the areas of responsibility for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Competences:
- Deep understanding of the impact and dynamics of children’s education;
- Demonstrated coordination and relationship-building skills with the community;
- Strong ability to respect differences of culture, opinion, and lived experiences while upholding children’s education and right
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude, ability to lead and work well in a team setting and with multiple partners;
- Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity;
- Fluency in English Language is essential.
Educational Qualification: Master preferably in social work/social science/management, MEd or other relevant areas or the equivalent in professional work;
Monthly Consolidated Salary : BDT 77,989/-
Project Location : Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
If you are interested and competent for this position and have the required qualifications and experience, apply through bdjobs Apply Online on or before 14/10/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and is sensitive to child protection and gender. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as a disqualification for an applicant. Smokers are discouraged from applying for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holidays