Tobacco Control Task force meeting was held at Cox’s Bazar District Administration Office on 19 May 2015. Mr. Md. Ali Hossain, Deputy Commissioner of Cox’s Bazar district and President of Tobacco control Task force has presided over the meeting. Mr. Mahiuddin Mohammad Alamgir, Civil Surgeon (Acting) of Cox’s Bazar district and other task force members participated in the meeting. Some important decisions were made in the meeting as follows:
- New members will be incorporated in the task force as per new circular of government.
- Some new NGOs who are working on Tobacco control will also be co-opt with the task force.
- Video shows on Tobacco control will be displayed in different public places by NGOs.
- Islamic Foundation will develop a training session’s guideline on Tobacco control and will distribute to different department/ organizations for the training with religious leaders.
- Mobile court will be conducted regularly.
- A committee will work headed by ADC (Education & ICT) for observing the upcoming WNTD’15.