YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) www.ypsa.org is an organization for sustainable development working in greater Chattogram division since 1985 with a vision to build a society without poverty where everyone’s basic needs and rights are ensured. YPSA is implementing a project title “BGD AHP Rohingya Response Phase 3 (2020-2023)” for host and Rohingya communities at Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar with the financial support from Save the Children International.
Now YPSA invites application from the experienced professionals with proven track record for the following position for its Project.
Job Title: Child Protection Facilitator
Job location: Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar
No. of position: 01
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Implementation of the Child Protection Program:
- Form groups of TLC/LP students, parents and caregivers, teachers to conduct training and awareness sessions.
- Organize regular meetings and trainings and overall execution of them.
- Prepare work plans in coordination with the Project Officer for implementation of CP activities.
- Be able and willing to respond to any other tasks assigned by supervisor or as per organization demand.
- Identification and ensure referral of vulnerable or at-risk children.
- Support to develop service mapping/referral Pathways and update the map regularly with updates of service providers/ organizations.
- Support to organize regular meetings and implementation of child protection committees at the local level.
- Coordinate with parents/caregivers, community heads, and others in order to strengthen the child protection system at the community level.
- Liaison with nearby child protection agency.
- Coordinate parents’ groups, child clubs and child protection committees to integrate and ensure child protection within the education program.
- Referring children and their family members to various service providing organizations to get required services and establish relationships with the caregivers.
- Support the Project Officer to maintain regular communication and good relation with the Camp in Charge/ representatives, Majhis and other stakeholders to facilitate implementation of project activities and create child protection ring fence at the local level.
- Make contacts with other service providers and refer the child to the appropriate service available in the area according to the specific situation and needs.
Community Based Child Protection:
- Play an active role in local community-based child protection. Assist to form community-based child protection committee where necessary and keep close communication.
- Maintain effective communication with parents and conduct regular home visits for the wellbeing of children.
- Support community awareness sessions on child protection concerns, identification of vulnerable children and the process of referring the separated/ unaccompanied children including family tracing.
- Collect and manage various opinions, suggestions and feedback from community. Support the Project Officer to address and resolve the concerns.
Reporting & Documentation:
- Regularly keep track of activities with maintaining accurate and up-to-date data on different child protection concerns and issues.
- Prepare, deliver and preserve reports daily, weekly, monthly and as required.
- Deliver Service Maps/referral pathways in camps and keeping them up-to-date on regular basis.
- Assist the project officer with necessary information as per need.
- Participate/support in program monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
- Be able and willing to respond to natural disasters or emergency situations, when needed. and any other task assigned by Supervisor.
- Update and maintain all regular work documents and register. Support the CP volunteers to keep reports and maintain documentation of all activities.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only maintaining these standards.
- Disseminate, aware to volunteers, CBCPCs, Para Social Workers or relevant third parties and stakeholders on Child Safeguarding.
- Report within 24 hours to any suspected child safeguarding incidents or concerns to the SCI Focal Point and response.
- Adhere to Ethical Standard Policies like Code of Conduct, PSEA, Anti-Harassment Policy etc
Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent, preferably in Sociology, Geography and Environment, Education or relevant field.
- At least two years working experience in NGOs, preferably in Rohingya Context
- Previous experience in child protection programmes, social work, community mobilization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to communicate and negotiate complicated issues with non-informed population.
- Previous experience in working with children and adolescents.
- Good technical understanding of child protection and community based approaches
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands to deliver results as well as work in teams.
- Ability to quickly form relationship within the communities
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands to deliver results.
- Fluency in Local Language (spoken)
- Moderate skill in English Language.
- Computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office.
Salary : Monthly consolidated salary BDT 28,350/- with other benefits as per project budget
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience apply through bdjobs Apply Online on or before 23/04/2022.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 5 pm excluding govt. holiday