Young Power in Social Action (YPSA), an organization in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN-ECOSOC) since 2013, is a voluntary non-profit organization for sustainable development registered with the different departments of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh including NGO Affairs Bureau contributing to national goals for making a difference in the lives of the population since its establishment in 1985. YPSA, a fleet of professional staff specializes in the six thematic areas of Health; Education; Human rights and Governance; Economic Empowerment; Environment and Climate change; and Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Response. At present YPSA’s direct program interventions reach the Greater Chittagong Division including Chittagong Hill Tracts and part of the Dhaka and Sylhet division.
YPSA seeks to employ four Counsellor to support the project Free Kids which is aiming to reduce Child Labour. The position will be based in Chattagram and Cox’s bazar, Bangladesh.
Job Title: Counsellor
Duration: The position is for 20 months, renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
No. of Vacancy: 04
- Setting up the counselling centers to provide space for the child for primary informal education
- Inviting local communities to visit the centers to work as advocates against child labour in hazardous jobs.
- Meeting with school teachers to address the drop out children.
- Support to organize events in the counselling centers.
- Maintaining the child labour registers in the centers
- Arranging regular logistics and supplies in the centers for the child labours.
- Liking the centers with the families of the child labour.
Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere Chattagram city, Sitakund and Cox’s bazar.
At least 1 year experience in field-based activities in NGO will get priority.
Job related knowledge and skills:
- Skilled to do regular field work.
- Computers literacy is preferrable.
- Motor cycle driving skill is preferable.
- Skill to communicate with the poor communities in urban areas.
- Working in team.
- Sincere and good time management.
Monthly consolidated Salary: 10,000/-
Job location: Chattogram and Coxs bazar.
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience, please submit your hard or soft copy C.V along with application and NID copy to the Chief Executive, House# F 10 (P), Road#13, Block-B, Chandgaon R/A, Chattogram-4212 or email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> on or before 24/09/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holiday