Young Power in Social Action (YPSA), an organization in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN-ECOSOC) since 2013, is a voluntary non-profit organization for sustainable development registered with the different departments of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh including NGO Affairs Bureau contributing to national goals for making a difference in the lives of the population since its establishment in 1985. YPSA, a fleet of professional staff specializes in the six thematic areas of Health; Education; Human rights and Governance; Economic Empowerment; Environment and Climate change; and Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Response. At present YPSA’s direct program interventions reach the Greater Chittagong Division including Chittagong Hill Tracts and part of the Dhaka and Sylhet division.
YPSA seeks to employ a qualified Finance and Admin Officer to support the project Free Kids which is aiming to reduce Child Labour. The position will be based in Chattagram and Cox’s bazar, Bangladesh.
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Duration: The position is for 23 months, renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
No. of Vacancy: 01
- Manage all financial operations and ensure logistics & administrative support to the project.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial practices, including cash management, financial disbursements, ledgers, VAT & TAX, all types of payment etc and maintain all financial records
- Manage financial control, prepare budget, requisitions and financial reports as per requirements.
- Maintain cash book, ledger book and others registers like stock register, inventory, fixed assets etc.
- Maintain all shorts of bank transaction.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Maintain all documents and record for any purchase procedures
- Assist to maintain donor agreements, staff contract, staff personal files, staff attendance register, staff movement and leave the register.
- Coordinate the internal and external audit teams
- Any other task assigned by the Project Manager.
Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in Bangladesh.
Masters in accounting/finance from any University; CACC candidates will get priority
At least 1 year experience in accounting and administrative section and experiences in NGO will get priority
Job related knowledge: Knowledge about accounting software.
Skills: Have sound knowledge on budgeting, accounting, procurement, inventory management, VAT/Tax and financial reporting; Good working relationships with colleagues and partners; communication skills; working in a team.
Monthly consolidated Salary: 40,000/-
Job location: Chattogram
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience, please submit your hard or soft copy C.V along with application and NID copy to the Chief Executive, House# F 10 (P), Road#13, Block-B, Chandgaon R/A, Chattogram-4212 or email to <email@example.com> on or before 24/09/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holiday