Young Power in Social Action (YPSA), an organization in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN-ECOSOC) since 2013, is a voluntary non-profit organization for sustainable development registered with the different departments of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh including NGO Affairs Bureau contributing to national goals for making a difference in the lives of the population since its establishment in 1985. YPSA, a fleet of professional staff specializes in the six thematic areas of Health; Education; Human rights and Governance; Economic Empowerment; Environment and Climate change; and Disaster Risk Reduction and Humanitarian Response. At present YPSA’s direct program interventions reach the Greater Chittagong Division including Chittagong Hill Tracts and part of the Dhaka and Sylhet division.
YPSA seeks to employ a qualified Program Officer to support the project ‘Free Kids’ which is aiming to reduce Child Labour. The position will be based in Chattagram and Cox’s bazar, Bangladesh.
Job Title: Program Officer
Duration: The position is for 23 months, renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
No. of Vacancy: 02
- Organize meetings, workshops, seminars with the district and divisional administration.
- Arrange training for the different government staffs.
- Organize various campaign events and programs.
- Lead the capacity development activities for the local government and institutions.
- Advocacy activities to influence the government concerned officers to reduce the child labour.
- Supervise the field facilitators and volunteers to meet with the families of the child labour.
- Sensitization and advocacy meetings with the employers of the child labour.
- Support to establish counselling centers in Chattagram and Cox’s bazar.
- Supervise to conduct motivational session with the parents of the child labour.
- Building linkages with government, NGOs, employers and service providers to reduce child labour.
- Sensitize and train 50 school teachers to deal with the child labour.
- Organize the vocational training with the VCT institution to provide VCT to 224 child labours.
- Link the families of the child labour with the micro-credit institutions.
- Monitoring the vocational training activities regularly and replace if there is any drop-out.
- Conduct need based assignment by the organization and senior management of the project.
Education and Language Qualifications:
Masters in social sciences, international relations, development studies, or other relevant discipline. Good English language skills (written, reading and spoken).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of four years experiences with an NGO, with at least two years in project implementation;
- Have to have primary knowledge on Child labour issue.
- Excellent writing, reasoning and analytical skills;
- Skilled in public communication and influencing the community.
- In-depth understanding of local context and local accent to communicate with the community.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multicultural environment, often at a distance;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to lead complex situation.
- Skills on developing PowerPoint presentation, and writing articles.
- Skills on doing survey, research and situation analysis.
- Motor cycle driving skill with BRTA license
- Good facilitation and cross-functional leadership skills
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Management experience
- Advanced computer proficiency
- To work in a team
- To protect children in connection
- To be non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
Monthly Salary: 40,000/-
YPSA Head Office, Chattogram and YPSA Cox’s bazar Office, Cox’s bazar, Bangladesh
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience, please submit your hard or soft copy C.V along with application and NID copy to the Chief Executive, House# F 10 (P), Road#13, Block-B, Chandgaon R/A, Chattogram-4212 or email to <email@example.com> on or before 24/09/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and is sensitive to child protection and gender. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as a disqualification for an applicant. Smokers are discouraged from applying for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holiday