YPSA has been implementing the project “ECW-MYRP-II both in the Rohingya and Host Communities in the Cox’s Bazar. This is a Consortium Project and Save the Children is the Consortium Lead of the project. YPSA is committed to accessing more Adolescent Girls to implement a Community-Based Learning Facility (CBLF) and a Learning Centre (LC) up to February 2025. YPSA will expand its education activities at different Camps at Teknaf & Ukhiya Upazila in Cox’s Bazar.
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Duration: Up to February 2025 (High Possibility for extension- It is a seed Program of ECW)
No. of position: 01
Position Background/Job overview: The monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer will be responsible for executing the MEAL tools for the process monitoring of the projects and facilitating (Learning Center, Community Based Learning Facilities-CBLF and Government Primary School-GPS) the processing of sensitive EiE data in a timely and accurate manner while providing regular trend analysis in line with Data Sharing Protocols and confidentiality. Building the capacity of Project members on process monitoring, accountability, and learning harvesting and introducing feedback mechanisms with the participation of community groups focusing service of the YPSA-SCI. The incumbent will also be responsible for preparing periodic narrative and formative reports, and sectoral reports. Coordinating to conduct baseline, mid-term & evaluation studies; The MEAL Officer will lead the reporting part and assist in coordination with CiC, RRRC Office with close coordination with Program Coordinator and Education Focal. The MEAL Officer will report to the Program Coordinator Project Office.
- Responsible for preparing periodic narrative formative reports, and sectoral reports. Coordinating to conduct baseline, mid-term & evaluation studies;
- Prepare Camp Level PCR (Project Completion Report), Need Assessment, and process for RRRC Approval with the support of YPSA Management and File level staff.
- Collect Field level different data using KoBo collection tools and analyse it using the Pivot table for quick reporting
- Developing and improving monitoring tools, formats, and performance indicators/checklists for qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Input into 5W/4Ws, Activity Info, and any other tools/templates to report to the working groups and other coordinating bodies
- Regular coordination with Project Managers and ensuring valid data for donor reporting. Consolidate data from multiple tools, sectors, and donors into one centralized database
- Generate reports for Senior Management, flagging under-performing indicators or program quality issues
- Generate internal reports, including a narrative and charts/graphs, to display feedback from all mechanisms while working closely with the project team
- Other M&E activities as assigned (including support to baseline assessments, end lines, evaluations, etc.).
- Strengthen the Feedback Mechanism System and MHPSS activities
Data Collection and Program Quality
- Work with supporting organization, Project staff, and facility in charge to develop surveys, tools, and templates to support data collection (paper-based tools and mobile data collection tools)
- Ensure that project staff are collecting and reporting on the required/all indicators promptly (according to the M&E framework)
- Lead focus group discussions, as needed and as appropriate, with service providers, beneficiaries, and others.
- Carry out site visits to program activities to ensure that data collection tools are being used correctly.
- Ensuring the project staff are recording and capturing feedback data promptly and are using the collection tools appropriately.
- Support program staff and disseminate monitoring and evaluation understanding among the program teams.
- Conduct participatory monitoring activities with beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance, both in the refugee camps and within the host community.
- Ensure high quality of data through accurate data collection, data entry, and upload as well as basic analysis of information
- Liaising with existing staff to clarify job descriptions and related expectations.
- Train and supervise contract data enumerators, data entry clerks, or surveyors, as needed.
- Provide MEAL orientations and training to non-M&E staff on data collection tools, MEAL basics, and mobile data collection tools (tablets and phones).
- Tests trainees to measure progress and to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Translation of tools, surveys, and other documents to/from English and Bangla
- Data entry
- At least 2 Years experience in Education Field particularly in Education in Emergency Projects.
- Experience with or interest in mobile data collection (Kobo, Compare, ODK)
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Word abilities. Computer Knowledge is a must (MS Word, Excell – typing Bangla and English). The applicant will participate in a competitive computer test.
- Ability to prepare and lead compilation of the different monthly report
- Experienced in data management software will be highly appreciated.
- Ability to communicate in the local dialect (Chittagonian Dialect).
- Ability to write clear and concise reports case stories in English and Bangla
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Written and spoken fluency in Bangla, English is essential
Knowledge, Skills & Competences:
- Deep understanding of technical knowledge of MEAL
- Demonstrated coordination and relationship-building skills with the community.
- Strong ability to respect differences of culture, opinion, and lived experiences while upholding children’s education and right
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude, ability to lead and work well in a team setting and with multiple partners.
- Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity.
- Master’s degree in Preferable- Statistics/ Social Science
Project Location: Ukhiya Project Office
Monthly Consolidated Salary: BDT 57,750/-
Job Location: Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar
If you are interested and competent for this position and have the required qualifications and experience, apply through bdjobs.com on or before 10/01/2024.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer sensitive to child protection and gender. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as a disqualification for an applicant. Smokers are discouraged from applying for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 02334470996 from 9 am to 1 pm excluding govt. holiday