YPSA is currently implementing a project titled “Integrated Protection and Resilience Interventions for Host community in three subdistricts (Ramu, Chakaria, and Ukhiya) of Cox’s Bazar District” at Ramu and Ukhiya under Cox’s Bazar district. The project is supported by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and BHA.
Job Title: GBVIMS (Gender Based Violence Information Management System) Officer
Duration: September 2023 to June 2024 (High possibility to the extended duration subject to fund availability)
No. of Vacancy: 01 (Female)
Highlights of Key Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and dedicatedly promote the women, girl- and survivor-centered support approach, and the GBV guiding principles.
- Ensure clients information is securely collected, stored and only shared on the need to know basis
- Consult and work with the case workers feeding into the GBVIMS and GBVIMS+ platform to identify capacity building gaps in using GBVIMS and GBVIMS+.
- Support in direct implementation of the program while offering linkage between the field staff and the manager.
- Hold weekly meetings with staff to monitor progress of activities and offer coaching sessions.
- Work in close, daily collaboration with the case workers to ensure they are able to input data in the Centers to ensure women and girls have safe, discrete and confidential access to/from the GBV and health services via the internal referral procedures.
- Contribute in development of the work plan, and reports to the Technical Manager – GBVIMS.
Monitoring, Report writing and documentation:
- Monitor daily/weekly data collection (paper and electrochromic) to ensure that the data is managed in safe and ethical ways
- Compile weekly data and narrative activity report for submission
- Assist in compiling and submitting monthly data to the line Manager
- Assist to maintaining a clear and transparent filing system
- Assist in developing fact sheets and infographics and translations
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner, and incorporate supervisor feedback as requested
- Assist in conducting FGD and KIIs
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Work closely with the supervisor in planning for training activities for GBVIMS+.
- Identify and raise the technical issues as identified during the provision of GBVIMS+ to the line manager.
- Support the case workers using the GBVIMS+ tools.
- Only Females are allowed to apply.
- Experience in GBV with a specific focus in supporting women and girl survivors of male violence
- Experience in supervising GBV staff – highly desirable
- Understanding of the impact and dynamics of men’s violence against women and girls, and a strong interest in working on women and girls’ protection and empowerment
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through current/ previous volunteer or paid work
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients all times is essential
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops and mentoring others
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Excellent communication and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity
- Familiarity with principles of monitoring and evaluation. Experience in writing brief narrative reports
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good working knowledge of language spoken by population in need, plus English language.
- At least 2-3 years of experience needed in the field of GBVIMS/ Case Management/ Gender and/or GBV/ Data analysis
- Professional experience in counseling and implementing activities for women and girls or proven engagement in women’s rights/groups is desirable, not essential.
Bachelor’s degree in social studies, anthropology, psychology, Women and Gender Studies, economics, statistics, social work or other relevant/related studies.
Monthly consolidated Salary: 46,000/-
Job location: Ramu, Ukhiya and Chakaria under Cox’s Bazar.
Only Female candidates are encouraging to apply. If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience apply through bdjobs Apply Online on or before 06/12/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. YPSA authority reserves the right to cancel at any stage of the recruitment process. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holiday