YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) <www.ypsa.org> is an organization for sustainable development working in greater Chittagong division including Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) since 1985 (International Youth Year). YPSA is going to implement a project in the various District in Bangladesh “(Harm reduction and Opioid substitution therapy (OST) Service package for male and female People Who Inject Drugs (PWID)”, supported by ASP & icddr,b.
Job Title: Program Officer
Project duration: 01 December, 2021 to 30 June, 2022 (Possibility to extension)
No. of vacancy: 01
- Work in a team to prepare workplan and performance framework to track progress against timelines and take corrective actions; Maintain quality of the ongoing project activities and undertake programme implementation in order to improve processes for ensuring effective output of the project activities
- Assign work to team and initiate activities as per project plan; supervise the work of the team members;
- Monitor and supervise the program and financial activities of the service center/DIC; provide technical assistance to outreach supervisor, medical assistant; conduct training for service centre level staff; Monitor and control the allocated budget.
- Compile the progress reports both monthly and quarterly and ensure timely submission to lead agency.
- Assess the overall quarterly clinic performance and report to the respective line supervisor; Analyse the client flow both in the field and clinic levels and advise Supervisor (Program)/Peer Educator/Peer Associate of related field and help implement steps for improving client flow both field and clinic especially when there is a low performance.
- Facilitate and develop the outreach/field program strategy and take initiative for continuous assessment of different locations and target population.
- Ensure supply of needle/syringe, medicine, condom, and BCC materials to the service centers; verify and manage store of health products (needle, syringe, condom, and medicine)
- Maintain and properly allocates fixed assets of the DIC
- Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization; Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues; Set high standards and confront poor performance where needed; Take appropriate actions to manage poor performance
- Liaise with other HIV/AIDS prevention organizations and update the activities following instruction from lead agency and participate in workshops, seminars and other activities, which are related to project.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Management.
- Age limit up to 40 years
- Good knowledge in the utilization of Microsoft office programs
- Ability to interact professionally with PWID.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to perform as a team leader.
- Demonstrate high level of decision making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and demonstrate good report writing skills
- Demonstrate organization and project management skills
- Ability to plan, evaluate and meet deadlines and good analytical skills with an eye for details
- Excellent skill in writing, speaking in English is required.
- 3 years work experience required in the development organization among which 2 years in HIV/ STD/ Health/ FP/ Nutrition.
- Master degree in any discipline from recognize university
Monthly consolidated Salary: Tk. 30,000 (Monthly)
Job location: YPSA Dhaka Office
If you are interested and competent for the this position, having required qualification and experience, please download CV format from this link and submit your hard copy of C.V with application, NID photo copy, all educational and experience certificates photocopy to Chief Executive, YPSA Dhaka Office, Prantik, House#12/Uma/1 (ground floor), Road#2, Shyamali, Dhaka-1207 on or before 26/12/2021 within 5 pm.
Please mention Job tittle and location on the top of the envelop
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 028142351, 01920220702 from 10 am to 5 pm excluding govt. holiday