Project Coordinator – YPSA-YHCRCCAC Project
YPSA is implementing a project titled “Youth from Host Communities and Rohingya Camps in Cox’s Bazar as Agents of Change” project (YPSA-YHCRCCAC Project) at Teknaf in Cox’s Bazar. The project is funded by the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and with technical support from Plan International Bangladesh.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Duration: Up to 30 November 2025
No. of vacancy: 1
- Lead and coordinate the project through maintaining project cycle management for achieve the project’s goal, outcome, actions/activities and expected results which are specified in project proposal.
- Ensure timely, effective implementation and delivery of project activities as per project work plan by ensuring quality and set strategies and guidelines.
- Develop project plan & budget, program & training guideline and project reports and arranging different types of training/meetings/workshop/advocacy with Government officials and community stakeholders for capacity building.
- Ensure proper and smooth financial management in the project in compliance with YPSA, Plan international Bangladesh and BMZ policy and standards.
- Monitoring of the project funds are spending correctly and as per wok plan. Ensure Inventory management.
- Provide need-based support to Finance officer, provide leadership and support in problem solving, key decision making, quality control, technical input and advice as well as planning, executing, monitoring of the project activities.
- 70% time given to field for activity monitoring and provide supportive supervision when and as required for quality delivery of the activities.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the project work and performance of staff and take concrete steps to improve job performance
- Supportive supervision and monitoring of the activity of technical officer’s (SOYEE, Education and Protection), finance officer and M&E Officer.
- Identify the development area of individual staffs, organizing formal/on the job training, orientation for Capacity building of the staff. Ensure training follow up, feedback, learning & reflection session and also adapt other tools and techniques for developing staff capacity building.
- Provide positive feedback on staff performance and project activities when appropriate.
- Organize and conduct regular monthly staff meetings. Ensure good relations with Plan International Bangladesh and other relevant stakeholders in the project locations.
- Maintain effective communication, coordination and collaboration with GoB/NGOs officials like DC/UNO office, relevant government departments (Under Ministry of MoWCA, MoSW and DSS, MoPME, MoE etc.), relevant NGOs etc.
- Participate in different meeting, training workshop organized by GoB, UN agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Produce presentation/briefings of field level data/information for the different visits made by Plan International, relevant Govt. officials and other stakeholders.
- Prepare some special report as and when required such as incident reports, harassment report and generate case story and success story etc.
- Participate in different studies i.e. baseline survey, mid-year survey, progress measurement survey and final evaluation etc. and other stakeholders’ studies in this relevant field.
- Produce clear and quality project reports in English, prepare all events report, and monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submit to the line manager as well as Plan International as per reporting calendar and within deadlines.
- Any other task assigned by the Management
Master’s Degree in Social work, social sciences, Development Studies or any subject from a recognized University
- At least 8 years’ experience in the development field along with 3 years of experience in project management.
- Required to have minimum 8 years of experience in the development field along with 3 years similar role preferably in national / international development organization as well as good understanding & knowledge about Humanitarian architecture of the Rohingya Response its operating and regulatory environment.
- Sound knowledge of project cycle management
- Excellent planning, analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Good working relationships with colleagues, partners, external actors and allies
- Excellent communication skills including a high level of written and spoken in English
- Conversant in common IT applications (MS word, MS power point, internet browsing & e-mail communications)
Monthly consolidated salary in BDT: 84,000
Job location: Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
If you are interested and competent for the position, having required qualification and experience apply through bdjobs Apply online on or before 15/03/2023
Any persuasions and lobby will be treated as disqualified for an applicant. Please mark title of the position & name of project on the top of the envelope.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 4 pm excluding govt. holiday