YPSA is implementing a project title “BGD AHP Rohingya Response Phase 3 (2020-2023)” for host and Rohingya communities at Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar with the financial support from Save the Children International.
Now YPSA invites application from the experienced professionals with proven track record for the following position for its Project.
Job Title: Project Officer (PO)
Job location: Ukhiya, Cox’sBazar
No. of position: 01
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Child Protection Team Management and CP Program implementation:
- The overall role of the Project Officer is ensuring effective implementation of Child Protection Program at field in line with Details Implementation Plan (DIP) & Project design.
- S/he will be responsible for prevention and response from neglect, abuse, violence, and exploitation against Children through effective implementation of CP intervention.
- Manage a Child Protection Team effectively, daily supervise, supports, and monitor staff’s activities in the field.
- Facilitate awareness sessions on CP and MHPSS issues among Parent/Caregiver of GFS children, adolescent club members, HBLC and TLC students.
- Organize and facilitate Capacity Building Training on Child Protection, Case Management, GBV, Disability inclusion for staffs, Volunteers, CBCPC Members, Para Social Workers.
- Manage and utilize Case Management Emergency Fund for most vulnerable and at-risk children.
- Identify Vulnerable and at-risk children, trend of current Child Protection concern and transfer the cases to relevant Focal Person.
- Develop camp wise Service Map to strengthen Referral System and ensure proper service for Vulnerable and at-risk children.
- Strengthening the community-based child protection mechanism through networking, effective Communication, Coordination, Collaboration, liaison with relevant NGOs, GOB officials, Majhi, Imam, Community Leaders, CBCPC members and other service providers.
- Flagging any Child Protection Issues and ensure local level advocacy process to strengthen CP system/mainstreaming in the camp/field level.
- Responsible for required document submission to CiC, UNO, Govt, Donor and initiation for Govt approval.
- Ensure internal coordination among the other program personnel, and establish linkage of the functional relationship, maintain them, and represent CP as needed.
Community Based Child Protection:
- Strengthen Community Based Child Protection Mechanism through encourage an understanding of and sensitivity to Child Protection and child vulnerability factors.
- Establish community led child monitoring and other sector-based community led monitoring system.
Monitoring, Reporting & Documentation:
- S/he is responsible for field visit, supervise, coaching staffs and monitoring program implementation, ensure program quality, accountability, transparency, data accuracy and proper documentation.
- Ensure Case Management Documents are being documented and updated in individual file in line with Data Protection Protocol, Case Management guideline and principles.
- Keep up to date Program/activities report & record it in hard copy and soft copy orderly.
- Provide necessary information and documents to Management and Donor as per requirement.
- Prepare Monthly, quarterly, annual Report and Project Completion Report in time with supporting evidence.
- Disseminate, aware to staffs, volunteers and all relevant third parties and stakeholders on CSG. And report within 24 hours to any suspected child safeguarding incidents or concerns to the SCI Focal Point and response.
- Adhere to Ethical Standard like Code of Conduct, PSEA, Anti-Harassment Policy etc.
- Ensure high standard of stewardship, transparency and accountability in resource mobilization, allocation, utilization in compliance with organizational Financial Policies and procedures.
Master’s Degree, preferably in Communication/Social Science/ Development studies or relevant field, from a reputed University.
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Applying technical and professional expertise
- Working effectively with others
- Communicating with impact
- Graphic Design and Survey Knowledge
- At least 3 years’ experience in working within the Child Protection field, particularly in Rohingya Response.
- Good computer skill specially in MS office package.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under immense pressure situation.
- Strong grip in Local Dialect (Chittagong) as well as verbal and written command in English.
- Have basic knowledge of child protection and child development.
- Self-sufﬁcient, proactive, self-motivating and has willingness to handle challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands to deliver results.
Salary : Monthly consolidated salary BDT 44,100/- with other benefits as per project budget
If you are interested and competent for this position and have the required qualifications and experience, please submit your CV by email <firstname.lastname@example.org> on or before 04/03/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holiday