Tobacco Control Task force meeting was held on 21 May 2015 Comilla Deputy Commissioner’s (DC) office conference room in Comilla. Md. Hasanuzzaman Kollol, Deputy Commissioner of Comilla district and President of tobacco control Task force presided over the meeting. Md. Mujibur Rahman Civil Surgeon of Comilla district and other task force members including new members participated in the meeting. Md. Mujibur Rahman, civil surgeon of Comilla said that new members had been incorporated with the task force as per new circular of government. A total of 18 task force members were present in the meeting.
Some important decisions were taken in the meeting as follows-
- Mobile court will be operated regularly.
- Upcoming WNTD ’15 will be observed jointly with DC office, CS office & UNO office including Comilla City Corporation.
- Comilla Sadar UNO office will be requested to conduct mobile court, organized taskforce meeting and also requested to incorporate new members in task force as per new circular of government.
- All of the government office will be requested to put up smoke free signage in their own cost.
- CS office will organize school based smoke free program.
- All of the UNO office under Comilla district will be requested to form taskforce committee.