YPSA is going to implement a project titled, “Youth are Resilient, Interconnected, Socially Cohesive and Engaged (Youth RISE) ” at Teknaf Upazila in Cox’s Bazar. YPSA will implement the project with the support from International Rescue Committee (IRC).
Job Title : Field Officer
Duration : Up to February 2025
Project Location : Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
No. of Position : 02
The Field Officer will be responsible for the on-the-ground implementation, coordination, and monitoring of activities related to the Youth RiSE project under YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) at Teknaf. This role involves working closely with local communities, project participants, and stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of project objectives.
- Community Engagement:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with community members, youth, and local leaders.
- Facilitate community meetings, events and ensure active participation in project activities.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with local stakeholders.
- Project Implementation:
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate with project team members and ensure tasks are carried out according to the project plan.
- Facilitate workshops, training sessions, and community engagement activities.
- Implement field-level activities according to the project plan and timeline.
- Data Collection and Reporting:
- Collect relevant data and information from the field to monitor project progress.
- Prepare regular reports on field activities, challenges, and successes.
- Capacity Building:
- Work closely with the ‘Project officer – Capacity Building’ to identify training needs at the community level.
- Support the delivery of capacity-building initiatives within the community.
- Facilitate training sessions for project participants and community members.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of project activities and suggest improvements.
- Collect and analyze data related to project indicators.
- Prepare regular reports on project activities, outcomes, and challenges.
- Advocacy and Outreach:
- Represent the project in the local community and engage in advocacy efforts.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnership at the field level.
- Engage in advocacy efforts to promote the project’s goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field (social sciences, development studies, etc.).
- At least 02 years Previous experience in project management, particularly in youth-focused initiatives.
- Written and spoken fluency in Bangla, English is essential.
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Word abilities. Computer Knowledge is a must (MS Word, Excel – typing Bangla and English).
- Ability to prepare a different programmatic report in English and Bangla
- Ability to communicate in the local dialect (Chittagonian Dialect).
- Ability to write clear and concise reports case stories in English and Bangla.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with local administration and community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain an effective working atmosphere.
- Good working relationships with colleagues, and external actors.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Knowledge and Competences:
- Strong facilitation and training skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of the local context and issues related to youth in Teknaf.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Skill in report writing, documentation of best practices and preparing case stories.
Monthly Consolidated Salary : BDT 53,345/=
How to apply: If you are interested and competent for this position and have the required qualifications and experience, apply apply online bdjobs on or before 26/11/2023.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and is sensitive to child protection and gender. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as a disqualification for an applicant. Smokers are discouraged from applying for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 3 pm excluding govt. holidays