YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) www.ypsa.org is an organization for sustainable development working in greater Chattogram division since 1985 with a vision to build a society without poverty where everyone’s basic needs and rights are ensured. YPSA is implementing a project title “BGD AHP Rohingya Response Phase 3 (2020-2023)” for host and rohingya communities at Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar with the financial support from Save the Children International.
Now YPSA invites application from the experienced professionals with proven track record for the following position for its Project.
Job Title: Technical Officer
Job location: Ukhiya
No. of position: 01
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Data management and analysis to support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of child protection activities.
- Act as a Focal Point to represent IMS standards and procedures to CPiE program components
- Coordinate with Project Officer, CP Facilitators, and Project Coordinator to ensure adequate timely collection of data.
- Develop new data collection tools as per needs of program and staff.
- Develop and manage case management database ensuring DPP and also report timely to the respective personnel/ program team as needed.
- Deliver orientations to field staff on how to use data collection tools.
- Design and manage CP database.
- Be accountable to report with proper justification while facing challenges for completing task.
- Visit project sites of different program components,
- Follow data quality standard e.g. validity, reliability, precision, integrity, time lines in validating the collected data/information.
- Preserve all the relevant documents as hard file and soft copy and also produce on demands.
- Ensure accountability tracker for the response is up to date.
- Share findings from field visits through regular reporting as agreed with the line manager.
- Feeding information to prepare narrative/formative reports of the findings on her/his audit of the complained cases and share program team through appropriate channels.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Social Science, Geography and Environmental Studies, Computer Science/IT, Statistics or development studies or any field.
3 years working experience in NGOs/ INGOs, especially on large scale data management on child protection.
- Ability to work in a team, capable to work under pressure and be able to work in a sensitive manner.
- Working with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Save the Children’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Ability to work under extreme circumstances, including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Excellent communication skills in cross-cultural set ups.
- Passion for new technology, research and development aptitudes are key to succeed in this position
- Good communication skills in English, Bangla and Chittagonian dialect, if possible
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills, especially qualitative analysis
- Very accurate in drafting
- Documentation & filing skills
- Setting priorities and time management
- Very good command on MS Office and Data Management
- Knowledge of Bangla typing is preferred
Salary : Monthly consolidated salary BDT 42,000/- with other benefits as per project budget
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience, please download CV format from this link and submit the relevant documents including CV (in specific format) with a cover letter, along with two copies of recent passport size photographs and photocopies of all academic, experience related certificates, NID copy on or before 19/02/2022 to Chief Executive, YPSA, House # F10 (P), Road # 13, Block # B, Chandgaon R/A, Chattogram- 4212. Please mark title of the position & name of project on the top of the envelope.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 5 pm excluding govt. holiday