YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) <www.ypsa.org> is an organization for sustainable development working in the greater Chattagram division including Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) since 1985 (International Youth Year). YPSA has been implementing a project titled, “Youth from Host Communities and Rohingya Camps in Cox’s Bazar as Agents of Change” project (YPSA-YHCRCCAC Project) at Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar since February, 2021. The project is being implemented with fund from the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and with technical support from Plan International Bangladesh.
Job Title: Technical Officer – Education
Project Duration: October 2025.
No. of Vacancy: 1
- Support education needs assessment as needed in intervention target areas;
- Review, assess and update the education situation in areas affected by emergency (camps sites and host communities) (including, but not limited to depending on the context, access and barriers for vulnerable groups including girls and children with disabilities, barriers for teachers/facilitators, safe learning environment for children and teachers/facilitators, quality of learning and teaching, conflict sensitivity, community participation, etc.);
- Highlight education related issues requiring an immediate or medium-term response and inform the Technical Specialist – Education (PIB) and Project Coordinator.
- Assist in capacity building of field level/camp level staff or volunteers.
- Track the progress of Education activities and provide regular update to PC. Visit programme/project sites on regular basis to supervise and monitor basic education and learning related activities in the affected communities;
- Participate in basic education programme review meeting at sub-district and camp level;
- Gather and provide information for progress reports to ensure timely implementation of basic education and learning activities;
- Facilitate in identifying youth & adolescents out of education with plan to return to education system or the non-formal education system;
- Document best practices and success stories for sharing the learning’s;
- Support the monitoring and reporting of major concerns on education and as well as child protection concerns inside and around the learning centres/spaces and
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of quality and accountability mechanisms.
- Design and facilitate capacity development activities/training for volunteers/facilitators in the areas of Basic Education/ECD/Youth Engagement;
- Prepare Training Manual/Module for conducting quality training and others.
- Support reporting and evaluation of EiE programmes outputs, outcomes and results achievement
- Provide regular updates to the M&E officer through Project Coordinator (PC) on progress.
Master’s degree preferably Social Science/Business Administration/ MEd/IER
- At least 3 years of job experience in the development field particularly in Education Sector specially in Rohingya Camps & Host community context.
- Excellent planning, analytical, organizational and decision making skills.
- Good working relationships with colleagues, actors and allies
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken in English
- Conversant in common IT applications (MS word, MS power point, internet browsing & e-mail communications)
- Willingness to drive motorcycle with valid driving licence.
Monthly Salary (approximate): 50,000/-
Job location: Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar
If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience apply through bdjobs Apply Online on or before 15/03/2022.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Emergency 02 334 470 996 from 10 am to 5 pm excluding govt. holiday