Workshop on “Some Reflections on Co-management as a Natural Resource Governance Model in Bangladesh” held
As a part of knowledge management and organizational capacity building YPSA has organized a daylong learning workshop on “Some Reflections on Co-management as a Natural Resource Governance Model in Bangladesh” held on 07 January’ 2015 at the conference room of YPSA Head Office. The key speaker of the program was Mr. Niaz Ahmed Khan, Ph.D. (Wales), Post Doc. (Oxford), Professor and Chairman, Department of Development Studies, DU. He was the former Country Representative of IUCN, Senior Program Coordinator, CHT-UNDP and Executive Director, Centre for Resources and Development, University of Chittagong.
All senior and key staff members of YPSA’s different programme and projects participated in the meeting.
Mr. Md. Arifur Rahman, Chief Executive, YPSA has given welcome speech and inaugurate the program and Mr. Md. Mahabubur Rahman, Director (Social development Programme) has given vote of thanks in the closing the session. The main discussing issues were :
- Co-management: Recapitulating the concept
- History and transition: Selected Milestones in Forests and Wetlands sectors
- Depicting the typical co-management ‘model’
- Selected examples of current practices in co-management
- Views from the Field: Selected Issues, Lessons and Challenge