A meeting of Tobacco Control Taskforce Committee of Chittagong held on 5th April 2016 at the Conference Room of DC office. Mr. Mesbah Uddin, Deputy Commissioner of Chittagong district and President of Taskforce committee has presided over the meeting. Dr. Azizur Rahman, Civil Surgeon of Chittagong and Secretary of Tobacco Control Taskforce committee, other taskforce members and Tobacco control focal point officer of Chittagong Division has attended the meeting. The present tobacco control situation, violation of TC law and the status of enforcement of TC law were discussed in the meeting and the following decisions have been taken-
- There is a designated smoking area in Chittagong Shah Amanat International Air port which does not comply the TC law and there is also a tobacco advertisement (Marlboro company) inside the airport so it was decided that DC of Chittagong will issue a letter to the Airport authority to remove the tobacco advertisement and establish the designated smoking area as per the law. It was also decided that YPSA would cooperate and follow up with the local administration.
- It was decided that a sharing meeting between the Mayor of Chittagong city corporation & Mr. Mesba Uddin, DC of Chittagong will be arranged for effective utilization of budget of Chittagong City Corporation. YPSA will take this initiative & coordinate the program.
- DC office will issue a letter to all UNO of Chittagong district for operating mobile court on TC Law.
- It was decided that District Task force committee will invite the representative of Metropolitan police and District Police and co up them in the district Taskforce committee.
- Chittagong DC Office gave the responsibility to Ms. Suriya Akter Sweety, Assistant Commissioner, DC office for conducting mobile court in all restaurants in Chittagong district. It was decided that TC law will be incorporated in the list of this mobile court along with other two issues. It will be continued.
- It was decided that taskforce will take initiatives to mobilize the Authorized officers in Chittagong district especially sanitary inspectors for implementing the TC law. Taskforce committee will issue a letter to sanitary inspectors for implementing the TC law.
- It was also decided that DC office will issue a letter to all education institutions, Schools,public place, workplace, & restaurant owner or care taker to display no smoking signage for comply the TC Law.