Legal Officer – Rohingya Response Program
YPSA is implementing a project at Ramu and Chakaria Upazila under Cox’s Bazar titled “Sustainable and comprehensive protection program for host communities impacted by the Rohingya crisis in Bangladesh”. The project is supported by International Rescue Committee (IRC) and funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
Job Title: Legal Officer
Duration: September to January 2023 (High possibility subject to fund availability)
No. of vacancy: 05
- Provide legal counseling regarding all legal matters/issues to the Beneficiaries and follow up.
- Conduct mediation sessions for dispute resolution among the host community people and follow-up.
- Organize and conduct awareness sessions within the host community.
- Draft FIR, GD, Complaint, etc. and file the same with the relevant police station and court and follow up.
- Organize and provide training to members of law enforcement agencies and local govt. officials including village court representatives.
- Responding to cases of SGBV, trafficking, abduction, violence, and other major cases of human rights violation, particularly focusing on emergency response to grave offenses.
- Organize and participate in the observance of different important days.
- Maintain all necessary books and records provided by the office regularly and accurately.
- Prepare an activity report in a timely manner about protection issues and be submitted to the supervisor and other relevant persons.
- Keep a record of cases in a systematic way and prepare a report on each case.
- Monthly reports and other reports shall be prepared in a timely manner, and she will closely coordinate his or her work with the Line Manager.
- Only Female are allowed to apply.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the relevant field, Experience in NGO sector will be given preference.
- Applicant residents of Chattogram and Cox’s Bazar will be given preference.
- Applicants who have earlier working experience/currently working in legal aid will be given preferences.
- Experience in dealing with clients/beneficiaries, specially GBV survivors.
- Experience in managing case documents properly.
- Good skill in speaking/reading/writing in Bangla and English. Efficient communication knowledge in Chittagong local language.
- Good computer knowledge of MS Office both of English and Bangla.
- Flexibility to handle varied and demanding tasks and ability to balance priorities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team, and to be flexible to accommodate the needs of stakeholders.
- Ability to lead the assignment and the team with remote supervision.
At least 2 years’ experience in the relevant field.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Laws (LLB)/Masters of Laws (LLM).
Monthly consolidated Salary: 35,817/-
Job location: Ramu, Chakaria under Cox’s Bazar.
Only Female candidates are encouraging to apply. If you are interested and competent for this position, having required qualification and experience apply through bdjobs Apply Online on or before 22/08/2022.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 5 pm excluding govt. holiday