YPSA (Young Power in Social Action) <www.ypsa.org> is an organization for sustainable development working in greater Chittagong division including Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) since 1985 (International Youth Year). YPSA is going to implement a project at Ramu and Chakaria Upazila Host Community under Cox’s Bazar titled “Addressing host community’s emergency needs of Health, Wash and Protection due to COVID-19 in underserved areas of Cox’s Bazar “. The project is supported by International Rescue Committee (IRC).
Job Title: Upazila Manager
Duration: 1st July 2021 to 31st December 2021 (Possibility for extension)
No. of vacancy: 01 (only Female)
- Ensure that all programs (from support work with women and girls to community outreach and engagement) adheres to a women-, girl- and survivor-centered and feminist approach and that staff are supported to build and strengthen their practice in this area;
- Along with partner organization staff, represent the organization in GBV related coordination meetings;
- Support partner in developing detailed implementation, outreach and coordination plans;
- Provide direct capacity building support to partner staff to develop their skills, competencies and practice in: Health, WPE and GBV guiding principles; survivor-centered support; PFA for women and girls; safe, appropriate and confidential referrals; risk reduction and mitigation; provision of information; service mapping and basic quality assessment, community outreach and engagement; and other areas as identified;
- Working with the Project Officer (Prevention and Health) to ensure GBV and WPE training and mentoring is provided to health facility staffs and health facility community outreach teams on available services and safe, appropriate and confidential referrals, survivor-centered support and other relevant aspects of GBV and WPE practice;
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management is implemented for appropriate data analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy; working closely with the Project Coordinator and the MEAL Officer.
- Ensure coordination between partner Health, GBV programs and IRC programs.
Staff Supervision & Development:
- Directly supervise the Project Officer (Health) Project Officer (Prevention) and Case Worker Supervisor.
- Maintain open, supportive, and professional relationships with all the project team members, YPSA and IRC representatives, promoting a strong team spirit and providing management support and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform their roles;
- Convening the team on a regular basis to review programming, progress, successes and challenges and make timely adjustments to the activities; and reporting back to the Project Coordinator.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probation reviews, appraisals and annual performance reviews; and provide regular constructive feedback to develop their practice;
- Assist with the recruitment of WPE staff;
- Ensure regular communication and close collaboration with the Women’s Protection & Empowerment Manager.
Monitoring, Reporting, Budget Management:
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly/monthly and staff activity reports; and actively work with the project team to ensure accurate data and information;
- Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans for your sites of operation, work with supervisor in developing remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized;
- Support implementation and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans and monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Where requested by the supervisor, contribute in writing high-quality and timely IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements with partner staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain open and professional relations with all the project team members, promoting a strong & respectful team spirit, ensuring effective communication, and opportunities for debriefing;
- Consistently and dedicatedly monitor/assess the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to YPSA management and liaising with other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop YPSA programs.
Experience (Including sector/industry):
- Proven experience in GBV programs for women and girls is essential; and experience in SRH is highly preferred;
- Experience in program/project management;
- At least 5 year(s) relevant experience.
- Experience in directly supporting women and girl who are survivors of male violence;
- Practical experience in successfully leading, team building and strengthening a program team of staff in a dynamic, challenging and changing context;
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring and building capacity of staff;
- Practical experience in facilitating practical workshops and learning on these issues outlined in the areas of responsibility for this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Competences:
- Deep understanding of the impact and dynamics of male violence against women and girls, and solid grounding in feminist, women and girl-cantered, anti-oppressive practice;
- Demonstrated coordination and relationship building skills with partners;
- Strong ability to respect differences of culture, opinion and lived experiences while upholding rights-based principles and women’s protection and empowerment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive and professional attitude, ability to lead and work well in a team setting and with multiple partners;
- Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity;
- Fluency in English Language is essential.
- Strong communication skill with GO-NGOs and local level administrations.
- Masters preferably in Women’ studies, social work, social sciences, human rights, management, humanities, or other relevant area or the equivalent in professional work;
Monthly consolidated Salary: 50,000/-
Job location: Ramu and Chakaria Upazila host community under Cox’s Bazar.
If you are interested and competent for the this position, having required qualification and experience, please download CV format from this link and submit your C.V. to <email@example.com> on or before 30/09/2021.
YPSA is an equal opportunity employer and sensitivity for child protection and gender. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion or lobby will be treated as disqualification for an applicant. The smokers are discouraged to apply for the position.
YPSA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Note: Emergency 02334470996 from 10 am to 5 pm excluding govt. holiday