Project title: Prevention and Protection of Victims of Human Trafficking in Bangladesh (PPVHT-B)
Coverage Feni, Comilla, Brahmanbaria
Duration Since 2007- 2010
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The aim of the project is to address trafficking in children, adolescent girls & women in Bangladesh through coordinated & integrated interventions.
Through raising awareness of the general public as well as specific targeted groups are creating income generating opportunities for the vulnerable people, the project aims to prevent trafficking in persons. Under protection component, the project has designed the activities on the economic empowerment of the vulnerable women & underprivileged children. The project also work with the judicial & law enforcement agencies(LEA) officials to foster prosecution of human trafficking. The project will build the capacity of the NGOs as well as government officials on the issue of counter trafficking.
August 2007- January 2010.
|Name of District||Feni||Comilla||Brahmanbaria|
|Name of Upazilla||Feni Sadar & Chhagalnaiya Upazilla||Comilla Sadar & Sadar Dokshin Upazilla||Brahmanbaria Sadar &Akhaura Upazilla|
|Name of Union||Feni Sadar Upazilla:• Feni Sadar Pourashava• Kazirbug UPChagalnaiya Upazilla:
• Chagalnaiya Powroshavha
• Pathan Nagor UP
• Mohamaya UP
• Radha Nagor UP
• Shuvapur UP
• Gopal UP
|Comilla Sadar Upazilla:• Jagannathpur UP• Pastugi UP• Durgapur UP
• Galiara UP
Sadar Dakshin Upazilla:
• Choara UP
• Bijoypur UP
• Kalir Bazar UP
• Baropara UP
|Brahmanbaria Sadar Upazilla:• Brahmanbaria Pourashava• Suhilpur(North) UP• Suhilpur(South) UP
• Mojlishpur UP
• Akhaura Powroshavha
• Akhaura(North) UP
• Akhaura(South) Up
• Mogra UP
Target Groups & Participants of the project
- Vulnerable children, adolescent girls & boys, women and men.
- Primary and high school going students, teachers, school committee members and guardians.
- School dropout children and street children.
- Locally Elected Bodies (LEB), Local Elites, Civil Society, Religious Leader etc.
- Different Govt. Officials.
- Judiciary, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA), PPs, APPs and Lawyers.
- NGOs officials and different level stakeholders.
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs)/ Club.
- Counter Trafficking Committee (CTC) Members.
- Community people and Media etc.
Major Activities of the Project
- Identified the Border Areas in three district.
- Completed three district level sensitization workshop at Feni, Comilla, Brahmanbaria for GoB & NGOs’ official.
- Established rapport building and networking with the different level GO & NGO Officials, BDR, Local Elected Bodies, Media Personals, Community Leaders, Religious Leaders, Civil Society Members etc. on human trafficking issue.
- Motivated the CTC Members to activate their rules and responsibilities.
- Trying to raise voice from the electronic & print media personal on trafficking issues.
- Set-upped three billboard in three districts.
- Some FGDs with different stakeholders and Bazzar Meeting with mass people.
Event news from Migrant rights category
- Roundtable Discussion with Protohom Alo on Policy Advocacy of Resource Allocation of Local Migration Centre
- YPSA observes International Migrants Day’ 2017
- YPSA starts Labor Migration Project implementation in Cox’s Bazar
- Media Briefing on the Baseline Survey and Project Progress of Fairer Labor Migration
- YPSA is the first IBP partner who firstly formed the Grievance Management Committee on 2nd Quarterly Reflection Workshop – PROKAS Team Leader
- Candle light vigil in memory of the victims who died and missing during illegal migration
- International Migrants Day 2013 observed
- International Migrants Day 2012 observed at Sitakund
- International Migrants Day 2012 observed in Chittagong
- YPSA observed International Migrants Day 2012 at Cox’sbazar
- YPSA celebrated World Migrants Day 2011
- Best Remittance User Family Award received in Remittance Festival 2011
- International Migration Day-2010 observed at Cox’sbazar.
- Discussion session on “The Success story of homecoming migrants” held
- YPSA observed International Migration Day